Sunday, August 30, 2015

359 Days

Success!

Although sales at Last Thursday were minimal, luck has sided with me as I have just accepted a position as a research assistant to the lead medieval art history professor at Portland State University. The pay is substantially more than the other interviews I have lined up for the week, therefore I will not have to return to food service at this point in time. The best part of this new position is that I did not apply for it, I was sought out due to my diligence and research capabilities exhibited in prior coursework. You know what? Hard work does pay off!

This is the stroke of luck I have been working towards, as this job will boost my resume, aid my scholarship-obtaining-potential and definitely make a huge contribution to my savings. Not only that, but the hours are flexible so I will be able to keep my position at the Dirce Toulan Library.

My graduate school goals are within my grasp, and I cannot wait for the day I take off to Dundee!

No comments:

Post a Comment