Sunday, April 3, 2016

142 Days

I've moved home in order to save money for my Scotland adventure, but I hit a speedbump. Within two days of moving to Benton City, WA I landed a job, but on that same day a pain in my side increased exponentially. Appendicitis. So, laid up on the couch, I think I'm on the mend. Joke was on me. I kept feeling a stabbing pain where my appendix used to be--ghost appendix?  Nope, it turns out that hiding underneath my appendix was a ping-pong ball sized cyst growing on my ovary (see below).



Cysts are normal for women, but this size is not. So I was opened up for a second time in less than 5 days. The doctors removed the cyst and also found a bit of blood in my stomach, which as they put it, can feel like an acid burn (because blood isn't supposed to be there). Yikes! This is not what I was expecting when I moved  home! Now I am slightly delayed on my savings plan, but I'm confident that I'll catch up to where I need to be soon enough. 



Oh, what's that cute little space? It's my new home!  Although I can't really move much stuff around yet (whole two surgery thing), I'm excited for this tiny home living adventure. It's a 1970s camper that my parents are kind enough to let me commandeer for the time that I am here--that is when I can move off the couch. There's enough space to do arts and crafts, a closet, bathroom, stove and bed, what more could a girl need?



Also, I'm getting back in the art swing and participating in a group show at The Emerald of Siam in Richland, WA. I'm so excited to create some new work and meet some local artists in the area. I'm really missing Portland and my family I left behind, so hopefully participating in this art show will ease my homesickness. 







No comments:

Post a Comment